View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ElsatheDepressionSlayer Offline
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Points: 14,399, Level: 17 Points: 14,399, Level: 17 Points: 14,399, Level: 17

Re: boyfriend - September 21st 2014, 08:42 PM

I'm in recovery from depression, but I've been having issues with anxiety recently. I've also been dating my girlfriend for 3 1/2 months, so I understand the insecurity and fear that she'll leave me because I'm too much to handle. For me, part of it is that our relationship is so new that it feels a bit more delicate and that makes me afraid it'll fall apart. Maybe that's part of it for you as well?

I also understand feeling like I'm too much to handle or like I'm expressing my pain too much. The thing is, it's important to be able to talk about what's wrong with your significant other; and as long as you have fun, lighthearted interactions as well, it's fine. If it gets to the point where most of your interactions are about these heavy topics, then it could become unhealthy. If this becomes a problem, I would recommend that you see a therapist (if you're not already). That way you can do the bulk of your emotional unloading in therapy, and not have to put that all on your boyfriend. It's very important that you share what's going on with your boyfriend, and that you get some comfort from him; but you can find other emotional outlets so it doesn't become too much for any one person to handle.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.