View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Do you still stay in touch with your university/college? - September 28th 2014, 09:21 PM

I actually moved about 3 months after I graduated. I still keep in touch with a few people. But not all of them.
After high school, I moved over 1500 km from home to attend university inn the first place, and I lost contact with a lot of my high school friends, so to be honest, I expected that. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with everyone and that not everyone would bother keeping up with me. Like a few of the people I made an effort with this summer before moving made an effort in return. Others didn't. Like I had a friend who kept saying "yeah, yeah, we will get coffee". And we never got that coffee. And I was sick of trying to chase her down to make plans. She's still my friend I guess but I just came to terms with the fact that we aren't the kind of friends who would be keeping in touch like I planned... I have another friend who moved up north while I moved farther south and we have been writing letters and chatting on facebook a lot.... One of my friends moved to the same city I just moved to last minute and we've been hanging out a lot. It's really hit and miss.

I know how you feel because that's how I felt last year and it was coupled by the fact that I had "been there done that" once before and had no expectations that I would keep in touch with all of my friends because that's how it had been the last time.... But honestly, you will keep in touch with the best friends. Others might be just a few times a year. Others not at all. And it's not as bad as you might expect.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions