View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount95

Edit avatar

Re: Parents won't let me go to my dream college because of my boyfriend - October 1st 2014, 12:46 AM

Hi Juliaf,

I agree with Breaking Beautifully. If your parents are the ones paying for your education, then you may just have to roll with the punches. I know it sucks, but that's parents for ya. They often don't see things the way that their kids see things. Your parents think that if you two attend the same school, then you won't make any friends. But are they sending you to school so that you can make friends or get an education?

I mean making friends is important, but at the same time, I don't think that's what their main focus should be. I agree that you should make a list of why you should attend this school and let your parents know of the benefits. Try ensuring them that your world doesn't revolve around your boyfriend and that you will be sociable. Besides, it's probably a big school and it would be kind of hard to not make any friends.

It does put a damper on things sometimes, when your parents are in control and you feel helpless. However, look on the bright side. Once you do go away to school, your'e pretty much in control of what you do and the decisions you make. Your parents won't be in control forever.