View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: self harm because of abuse? help please? - October 7th 2014, 03:05 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp.

For some people, identifying their triggers can be challenging but it seems like you know that your abuse is making you want to harm yourself. Self-harm is really common in abuse victims because of the overload of suffocating feelings that are associated with it. I think it might help if you sit down and identify your feelings. Perhaps you can keep a journal or a blog so you have a personal space to release your feelings. The thread that has been provided above is a good resource to take a look at. There are a lot of alternatives on there, so definitely try some out. Also take what you want to feel when you chose an alternative in mind (similar sensation, a visual, etc).

As it has been said, deep breaths can really help with panic attacks. Try to also look around the room and observe it with your senses. You can remind yourself of the date, day of the week, the time, and where you are as well as you are safe now.

I definitely think you should talk to someone and consider seeing a professional so you can talk about all of your feelings associated with your abuse.

Take care.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers