View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Elle_94 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 7,378, Level: 12 Points: 7,378, Level: 12 Points: 7,378, Level: 12

Unhappy My boyfriend's friends upset me? - November 5th 2014, 03:12 PM

Hi

My boyfriend and I have been dating for three months and we're really nuts about each other. It's a long distance relationship, we live 60 miles apart and although it's not really a problem, we get around it and still manage to see eachother for a couple of days each week, his friends aren't convinced that its possible for us to keep seeing each other.

The one problem that we do have when it comes to the distance is that as we're both still at college, we have to do ALL our assignments and coursework during the week, if we want to see each other at the weekend, which is stressful and it means longer days for us. But its something we're both willing to do so that we can see each other. I'm very dedicated with my college work and I always put it first, I'm very ambitious and I've always swoen to myself that I'd never let a relationship prevent me from achieving.

Yesterday, two of his friends at college told him he should break up with me because he'll have to chose between me and his career soon enough, and although none of his other friends said anything, they didn't defend him. It really upsets me to think that his friends think that of us/me. There's other things that I don't really like about them either, they all seem incredibly immature and I don't really think it has a good influence on him sometimes. Most of them drink heavily too which I'm really against.

Am I over re-acting? What should I do?