Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

re: Difficulties a trans person might face - November 6th 2014, 01:59 AM

Chiming in late, sorry. You may want to add a few things:

1. Not every person who is trans* transitions in the ways you describe. Many do not use hormones or surgery, but use ways such as expression to "pass." The minority of trans* folk transition with surgery especially, but many don't use hormones either. You may at least want to mention it's not for everybody. I also find it eh that you used hormones as "pre-transition." It implies that the transition only happens after surgery...which like I said, many do not use. So I don't know. Something to think about.

2. Many do not identify as the "opposite sex" but rather, they identify out of the gender binary as a whole. We have articles on this subject, but it might be good to clarify here too.

3. I might use the word transgender instead of transexual. It's more encompassing, and generally more used among the trans* community. Transexual is something I notice morein human sexuality classes or in use by academia, as I've taken a lot of classes myself, but in the community, it's not common and some actually find offensive.

I ruin all articles.

something burning?