View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: How to Help Friend with Bulimia - November 6th 2014, 02:57 AM

Hey there,

It sounds like the biggest thing you can do is be there to support her. Let her know that you are there and willing to listen. Sometimes when people are struggling with things like this they just need someone to listen. And, you said you don't think she has a lot of support so right now it might be a good thing that she has you.

Do you know if she has the ability to seek out counseling? If so then you should suggest that because that is always a really good option for someone struggling with things like this. She shouldn't have to deal with this alone and a counselor will be able to provide her some support close to home.

Something else that might be helpful is if she is able to find support groups in her area. There aren't any eating disorder support groups in my area but it couldn't hurt for you to google some for her area or have her google some. If she were to seek out counseling she might be able to get involved in a group through her counselor which could be beneficial.

Lastly, don't forget to take some time for yourself. While it is great that you want to help this friend you have to remember that your mental health matters as well. So, don't burn out.

I hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.