View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
BreathingIn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 7,702, Level: 12 Points: 7,702, Level: 12 Points: 7,702, Level: 12

I don't understand dating around - November 11th 2014, 08:40 PM

Hi everyone,

Ever since being with my first boyfriend for almost a year now, I'm discovering that I am extremely uncomfortable with the idea of people dating around and having sex with multiple people over their life.

Yeah! Believe it or not! haha It sounds absolutely crazy, but it makes me feel so weird...

My boyfriend is 10 years older than me and he often references girls he's been with... "I dated a girl who did this... had this..." and so on. It makes me feel weird. It's not insecurity, because I know he loves me and we have a great relationship, and he's older than me, but I can't fathom the idea of sleeping with so many different people.

I guess it's because I have a relationship now where I could never imagine being with anyone else. I hold the idea of romance and love as something sacred, and I don't believe in being with just anyone.

Is this strange? I'm 21 years old, only have had one boyfriend who I'm with right now... I just am so torn up.

Or am I in the wrong? Is it normal to want to have sex with a bunch of people when you're young?? I think that's so sick... Sex is sacred and precious to me, it's not something that can be used up so easily.

I'm going to tell him that his references make me feel weird, and that I simply do not care in the least bit about any other girl he's been with. I don't want to hear it anymore. But at the same time, I don't want to put him down by saying that I can't stand the idea of sleeping with so many people.