Thread: Triggering (SH): Parents about to find out
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Parents about to find out - November 14th 2014, 06:18 AM

Hey there,

When my parents realized how bad I was self harming I think they felt helpless. They knew I was struggling with something but no matter what they did there was nothing they could do to help me. They made me go to therapy and they eventually had me get a psychiatrist. They didn't treat me any differently. I was still their daughter and they still loved me the same. They wanted me to overcome the self harm and there was a part of them that didn't understand that I couldn't just stop but they never once yelled at me or got angry that I was doing that to myself.

I hope you know how brave it is that you are willing to confide in your parents about this. I hope that they will be able to support you through this. It's great that you have a psychologist but having a family to back you up can be a lot of help as well. I know my families support has helped me immensely. There are times that their support helped to keep me strong when I didn't want to.

You have to remember that you are loved and you can make it through this.

I hope that everything runs smoothly and if you need anything please feel free to message me.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.