View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: bulimia nervosa and self harm - November 17th 2014, 02:41 AM

Hey there,

I think it's good that you are in a unit that helps you deal with these types of things because they will be able to help keep you safe. Have you talked to them about going to a treatment center that specializes in eating disorders? If they don't get your eating disorder it might help to go somewhere that does. I know that you said you can't talk to the people in your unit but it helps combat eating disorder urges if you have people who you can turn to for support and advice. So, I think you should try to start reaching out to the people in your unit. It might seem as though they don't understand but if you give them a chance you might end up finding someone who does. I was in numerous psychiatric hospitals and I met some people who were understanding and some people who were not. It just took some time to find the right people.

As for the self harm I suggest you look at the Alternatives to Self Harm. These will help you work on overcoming the urges that you might be getting. You have to realize that you do not deserve to be punished for eating. You need the nutrients to help keep your body going. I know your eating disorder is telling you otherwise but you need to remember that food is something that keeps you stabilized and nourished.

Something else that might help with the urges to self harm is journaling. When you feel the urge to punish yourself you can journal about it instead and that might help you vent about that feeling without harming yourself.

I really hope this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.