View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
madeofamethyst Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sarah

Points: 6,483, Level: 11 Points: 6,483, Level: 11 Points: 6,483, Level: 11

Ideas for a school project? - November 20th 2014, 03:34 PM

In history class, we are learning about the transcendentalists. Today we were assigned a project with three parts. First we have to spend fifteen minutes outside, alone, with little to no electronic distractions and just leave ourselves to our own thoughts. Then we have to fill out some questions about the whole experience I guess, and for the last part we have to make a project that displays the main ideas of Transcendentalist thinking. We have to present our projects to the class.
He gave us three options- a painting/art piece, a poem, or an iMovie. We can absolutely do something else, as long as we get our idea approved by the teacher first. I'm really uncomfortable with all three of those options due to the fact that we are going to present them- I'm terrible at using iMovie, I'm a bad artist and I do like to write but I am absolutely terrified of presenting poetry to my whole class... But the thing is, I can't think of any other ideas. I can't exactly just do an informative poster because that would kind of defeat the purpose of the project.
The only idea I have is to maybe do some kind of collage, but even then I really don't know how to go about doing that, and I'd also have to go pay to print stuff out at the library because we don't have a color printer at home.
Can you guys help me come up with ideas?
Thank you!