View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Ideas on how to help my girlfriend mature? - November 26th 2014, 01:08 AM

From my perspective it's not that she's 'immature' but that she's just simply not ready to progress any further. Your expectations in a relationship may be quite different from hers and I think this is something you could address with her. I understand that it's frustrating that you've both been together for around 2 years and barely any prolonged kissing has happened but remember, everyone's different and we each have different expectations and limitations. There may be a very good reason why she doesn't want to engage in anything sexual or it could just be that she has a low libido.

Many of us get times where we our libido is really high and sometimes we can 'get caught up in the moment' but from my perspective, if she doesn't want to make out with you because it 'feels wrong' that she's enjoying it, then I think there's an issue here. Perhaps sometime you can ask her about this and see what's the real issue? Understandably she doesn't want sex until marriage but maybe she fears if you both make out, hands will wander and it could lead to sex which is something she's against until marriage?

Talk to her about what her real issue is and from there maybe you can establish some rules and proper boundaries. If she's not fully explaining herself and you haven't told her how you're feeling, you're going to be stuck in a loop.