View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Getting into an ENGLISH college when you basically can't speak the language - December 2nd 2014, 03:47 PM

This girl struggles with basic conversational skills such as "how's it going?" Because even though that's slang it's like she can't differentiate "where" and "how" to rrealize what is being said - even I can recognize the french equivalent of these words when someone speaks to me in French and I can't even carry a conversation. She fails everything. The one time I was made to work with her I did 99% of the work despite repeated attempts to involve her.... Like I don't know what to do. She's not qualified. We are in a professional post graduate program, but there is no way she can pass on her own merit because her English skills are so horrible. And this isn't like a normal bachelor degree - we all have bachelor degrees, although she got hers back in her home country in her own language - so were being prepared for a "real world" career which she is incapable of doing because there's no way she is really getting a lot out or the program seeing as how she can't speak the mother fucking language well enough. I'd shut up if she was passing things, bit she's not. And the other student who stirggles with English goes to these classes that the girl never shows up to - so as far as I know she's not even trying to get better at English. And it infuriates me that she might be allowed to pass and enter a a career where people will think she's wualified because she has the credential saying she knows things when she really isn't not qualified for th job because the barriers she faces with the English langauge prevent her from learning properly. Don't get me wrong I wish her the best, but what I see happening is wrong.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions