View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: TW: SL,ED, SI Anxiety, Depression, Nightmares?, light therapy, ED - December 3rd 2014, 03:27 AM

Hi Frankie,

It is really great and brave of you to want to talk to your therapist about all of these things. The best way she can help you is if you are honest and explain things to her as best as possible.
Maybe you could try writing these things to her in a letter or printing out the post you made here as guidance or to give her if you are at a loss for words because you are nervous about what to say.
It is good you are thinking of confronting your experiences and that you want to heal from what you have been through. Being open with her will allow this to occur and you will gain a better understanding of yourself, more coping skills that are positive and hopefully with time your triggers will decrease.
I know that this response is not much but I hope whatever therapeutic options that the two of you come up with, they work and are supportive to you. Whatever happens, know you are always welcome to express yourself here and that this will be challenging but worth it.
Take care.
You can PM me if you would ever like someone to talk to.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."