View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
-Dreamer Offline
<3
Not a n00b

Points: 10,370, Level: 14 Points: 10,370, Level: 14 Points: 10,370, Level: 14

Re: Getting into an ENGLISH college when you basically can't speak the language - December 3rd 2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always * View Post
The one time I was made to work with her I did 99% of the work despite repeated attempts to involve her....
I could understand your frustration more...if you actually worked with her more. But you only worked with her once. So why are you letting this get to you as much as it is? It seems like a lot of work in involved in your course, and I think you should try focus more on your own assignments and getting your qualification, rather than other people around you.

You said above that what you see happening is wrong, but I don't understand this. What is wrong about this? Nobody can prove here how she got into the course or if she cheated on the test or not. All I can see from this is that she doesn't have great English and is struggling. If you say she is failing everything, I can't imagine that in the end she will pass the course. I wonder if the professors you have know and see that she is clearly struggling with the course and would offer her extra help and probably offer her more English lessons to improve that. But really, that has nothing got to do with you. I'd just advise you to concentrate on your own studies.

While I was in college and even the course I'm doing now, there were/are many foreign students. To be honest, I keep myself to myself and concentrate on my own work rather than worrying how others are doing. If I did see someone was struggling, I'd help if they asked me too. And of course if I was working with someone who didn't pull their own weight for any reason, I'd pull them up on it.