dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: School Principal suspended over Saftey Drill - December 4th 2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koharuchan View Post
I highly doubt ANY of this would ever happen in a school lockdown here. My entire life, when we had lockdowns, we never even saw one officer; and if it was a real lockdown and there were officers in the school, they were in the halls, we were locked in classrooms. We never encountered them. But the big thing here is the simple fact that when a school goes into lockdown, people in the school understand they are in lockdown and know what to do. These kids had not been made aware of anything, they had no clue it was some kind of lockdown. So yes, I'd say it was a pretty damn stupid move to do what that principal did, because not only did she break lockdown protocol, she had the students of the school believing their lives were in danger. That's not what lockdown drills are supposed to do.
If that is the case, then I agree the principal was foolhardy in her approach. However, I understand that the drill was brought about in collaboration with the police, who presumably were operating according to guidelines issued by the school district (and which were amended after this drill, according to the reports). There does, therefore, seem to have been authorisation for such drills to take place, and the response from the district seems more to have been triggered by the fact it didn't end well in this instance. This article would seem to corroborate that. As such, I'd say solely blaming the principal for this is, as that article suggests, an exercise in scapegoating.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick