View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

a different time period - December 22nd 2014, 10:34 PM

Some people feel like they don't belong to this time era. I'm wondering if that's how you feel then which time era do you feel like you belong to more. If not, an alternative question iswhat time era would you like to live in and explore firsthand. And name the geographic location if necessary. For example a certain civilization or ex: the enlightenment era, mention the specific region (western Europe)

For me, i have always felt close to the 1960s and 70s in the USA and (Latin america to an extent)I feel like living in Brooklyn in the 70s as a child is so my style. Going to the park, playing with neighborhood kids. It was not the conformist, red scare era of the 50s and not so much consumerism and neoliberalism that started in the 80s. There were lots of social activism during that time too, and people protested against war, even took it to the streets.
Many thinkers I like and identify with were from the 60s/70s.

Well that's just one era. At the moment it is this one. Maybe I identify with different eras at different times. Or depending on my mood

What about you?