View Single Post
  (#67 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: My Rant About Science vs. Religion - April 16th 2009, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillywho? View Post
So what you're saying is that if people believe in both science and religion, it all falls apart because you have to chose?
NO. You're really not understanding this at all, are you? If you are religious and go with science, that's fine. BUT, if you analyze science with religion or analyze religion with science, then it causes problems.

Quote:
I'm not "twisting" anything, though...
'Cause, okay, let's go back to the big bang theory:
You know, people tell me that it's foolish to believe in God, 'cause, it's already been proved that God didn't create the Earth. But why couldn't God have created big bang? I just don't see why that can't be.
The Bible doesn't say that God didn't, and science doesn't say that God wasn't the power behind it.
No idea, god could have created the big bang. However, as science continues to progress, what is generally attributed to as being god's work becomes less and less. In a sense, it sometimes serves as a placeholder for something we don't understand much of.

Quote:
7 days? How did I twist that? Tell me, because, the Bible says that one day to God isn't one day to us.
I never said you twisted that. I said, one could apply the theory of evolution to this idea that god created everything in 7 days/time for 1 day according to the bible. If you do that, you're analyzing something subjectively via an objective paradigm. That is where the problem is. Also, as Grizabella pointed out, religions have to change along with science and religions then must give some reasons (usually without an ounce of proof) that they're right, and nothing more than mere factless opinions.

Quote:
If I understood what you meant, you were afraid that we would start bending what the Bible said so that it would fit with science (and vice-versa), and by that create something that was neither religion (well, it might make a new religion) nor science?
- But that's not what I'm trying to do. And I cannot say: That's what happend, because that's right in between science and what the Bible say, because I wouldn't know. I could guess, but it wouldn't be something that I would protect with every penny I had, you know?
The bolded part it was I was building on and saying before. Everything after that is random babble that I didn't say nor imply.

The youth club thing, that's amazing, however, it has nothing to do with this, thus it is irrelevant and I don't really care nor do I have any interest in it.