View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I've been here a while

Points: 35,527, Level: 27 Points: 35,527, Level: 27 Points: 35,527, Level: 27

Re: dealing with guilt on top of depression - January 3rd 2015, 07:44 AM

Hey,
What you gift and how much you spend on a gift doesn't matter. The thought behind it matters. I personally think that your gift was really thoughtful and nice. The fact that you bought your friend a gift, even when in financial strain yourself, should make her happy.
Your grandma got the gift for you. She meant you to use it. Personally I feel it was wrong on your mother's part to suggest you part with a gift that means so much to you. Gifts are supposed to be kept and not given away to someone else. Think about it this way, by using it you are making your Grandma happy. You are in no ways being materialistic. The gift was meant for you and it does not make you bad for using what is yours. Think of it this way. Would your grandmother feel nice if she realizes you re-gifted the things she bought for you? No, right? You are doing nothing wrong in making your grandmother happy and using what is yours
Go ahead and give your friend the gift you got for her. Stop feeling guilt, because I can assure you have done nothing wrong here. I am sure she will be happy with what you got for her.