View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: What time does your school start? - January 3rd 2015, 04:26 PM

In primary school, class started at 8:30am. We began praying, went to breakfast, and started class. So technically you can get away withaattendance till 9:30. Which is when class time started. Though you were expected to arrive in time for praying and will be marked late if you don't. I personally had to arrive at 8am because that's the time the school bus dropped me off. If would be a big deal to miss the school bus that came at 7:30 each day, a few blocks down from where I live because my dad is a single parent and we would have no one to take us otherwise (/though we managed on those occasions that we missed/ didn't/couldnt take the bus in the morning)
In high school school started promptly at 8:10am. When I was a junior it was announced that class will start at 9:15 on Wednesdays. If you had a free period first thing in the morning, you get to come to school an hour later than the starting time. But things can get in the way that makes you spend your free time doing school related things and therefore arriving to school the time that everyone else does. Also, it can mess up with your attendance because the school will accuse you of cutting class even if you had free time so you have to get that fixed.