View Single Post
  (#7796 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - January 16th 2015, 06:48 PM

- I don't know why things are so off between us. I really am doing much better. Maybe it didn't seem like it because I was away from the house for two weeks; I don't know. All I know is I feel sad that we're having a rough patch. I thought since I'm older now we were past those. Please, tell me what I can do to make it right.

- What you did was completely inappropriate and a serious breach of my privacy. I realize that you are my mother's friend and that I am kind of a "special" hire, but it's still my job, and it's not your place to report what happens to me at work to my mother, and certainly not when it involves my mental health. I'm an adult. If you are concerned about my work performance please take it up with me in the future.

- I'm really glad you let me express my concerns without me seeming jealous or possessive. I have just had a bad experience with seemingly clingy people in my partners' lives. The last time there was someone that invested in such a short time after talking with my partner they up and moved here and interfered with my relationship with my partner/made a negative impact on my mental health. Obviously you are not him and she is not her, and it's important you recognize I know that, but triggers are triggers and they go off when things happen. Since I shared my feelings I've been able to manage that trigger much better.

In the end, my triggers are mine to deal with, and I accept and am working on this. I think it will improve the quality of our relationship. In this case I trust you to make good decisions; you have shown me you have good judgment, and certainly much better judgment than him. In the end, it's your relationship(s), and I respect your right to have them. As long as they don't negatively impact or interfere with my relationship with you I don't care what happens in your other relationships. I love you and what we do is more important than worrying about what you do with other people.