View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hek2016 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,584, Level: 11 Points: 5,584, Level: 11 Points: 5,584, Level: 11

Re: How to convince my parents to let me get an iPhone?! - January 20th 2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Skittlify~* View Post
Hi!

I have moved this over to Technology & Gaming because that is where I believe it fits best.

Do you think that you can come to any sort of compromise with your parents? Maybe you can do extra work around the house so that you earn the iPhone, rather than them just giving it to you.

Or perhaps you can get a job, either for the entire school year or throughout the summer, so that you raise enough money to get the iPhone on your own. Or maybe you can raise a certain amount (half, for instance) and your parents may agree to raise the other half. If a job isn't an option right now you can try doing work for neighbors or family.

If not, if people are seriously going to make fun of you or bully you because of the phone you have they aren't true friends anyway.

-Dez
I do have a job. I've been working since July 2014. I pay for my own car insurance, gas, and currently paying my car off. My mom is unemployeed, so My money I use to pay off my car goes to my parents to help with bills. I do a lot around the house. Plus school and work. Its a lot for a 16 yr old to do. I've suggested paying for it myself,but they won't let me because I have everything else to pay for.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1164463 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!