Thread: Self Harm
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15

Re: Self Harm - January 29th 2015, 05:19 PM

Hey there, I'm 21 and still can't get away from SH.
I don't think you can grow out of it. It's not some bad habit you can just stopp. It's a coping mechanism and can be an addiction as well.
Stopping sh is more about finding different ways to cope and solving what brought you to it in the first place and that has nothing to do with age. Some problems solve themself while growing up, but some don't and you will always encounter new ones.
Well what I'm trying to get at, people selfharm at any age. Sure, it's more common or known among teenagers, but adulds selfharm as well. Even old people who are 60 or even older can self harm. It doesn't have an age limitation and you can't just grow out of it. It's a learning process that takes time and some people need more, some need less time.

If you ever want to talk with someone about this, feel free to pm me

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!