Thread: Self Harm
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Treble Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,480, Level: 11 Points: 6,480, Level: 11 Points: 6,480, Level: 11

Re: Self Harm - January 29th 2015, 06:04 PM

Hi, I know I'm a little out of that age range (15) but I just thought I'd let you know that anyone at any age can be affected by it, like anyone at any age can be affected by an eating disorder or depression.. Its just another mental health problem that doesn't have an age limit.
Yes there are the stereotypical people that self harm, being emo teenage girls, but that's not true at all.

People will probably hate me for saying this, but I think that there are a few girls that do it for attention, they post pictures on social media, do it in obvious places and don't cover it up, and tell everyone about it. I don't think people should take these people any less seriously, because they still need love and support... But they just self harm for a different reason. And these are probably the people that are more likely to 'grow out of it' But people that do it as a coping mechanism, and keep it to themselves or only tell a few people like parents or a doctor.. I'd say that these people are more likely to suffer from it for longer.

As I said, it affects anyone at any age, so don't worry. You're not 'abnormal' you're just a person going through a difficult time and trying to find a way to cope. Feel free to message me I you want