View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BreathingIn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 7,702, Level: 12 Points: 7,702, Level: 12 Points: 7,702, Level: 12

Re: Blurred lines between anxiety and depression - February 24th 2015, 09:28 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you are going through this. It's great that you are seeing a counselor! Definitely talk to them what you said last -- that you're worried that in the future your job will be the cause of new anxiety.

It's normal to worry about your future. Everyone wants a happy life that they're not stressed out about. The key is to find something you love. It's cliche, but it's true. And if you end up not liking a place you work, or you're becoming anxious about it, reach out to co-workers you can trust or Human Resources. If you don't feel good still, remember that you can leave. Nothing is holding you back from walking out the door However, have another job set up before leaving, and make sure to thank your boss and ask for a recommendation. Always leave on good terms.

I understand anxiety, yet I have a mild bit of it. I worry about the future sometimes. My counselor gave me some worksheets for thought-stopping. Ask you counselor for something like that. They're even floating around the Internet. It's a chart that has questions you answer (What is your current negative thought? On a scale of 1-10 how anxious do you feel? Why are you having this thought? etc...), and then you write in alternative positive thoughts, and solutions. It helps me whenever I feel bad thoughts or anxiety coming on.

All the best!