View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Online
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 34,005, Level: 26 Points: 34,005, Level: 26 Points: 34,005, Level: 26

Re: Didn't apply for college.. really ashamed of myself. - February 27th 2015, 10:36 PM

Okay, take a deep breath. Given what you've said, maybe not starting college yet is a good thing. If you really don't feel ready then there's nothing wrong with waiting to start or even not going at all if that's what you eventually decide. Since it sounds like you have some income coming in, there's nothing wrong with working until you figure out what you want to do. I'm also going to suggest professional help because you don't always have to be afraid of growing up, scared and depressed. They can even help with the ADHD and there might be some willing to work on a sliding scale if you're worried about affording it.

Also, I've been through community college, 4 year college, and most of a graduate school program and will probably be going back to attempt another masters program (the 1st one didn't work out) I've also lived both at home and on-campus with and without roommates (but not any off-campus apartments) so if you have any questions feel free to ask me anything. Also, If you do decide to go to college and you have an ADHD diagnosis by a professional, you're entitled to academic accommodations, but can choose not to accept them.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte