(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

I can't cope at work! - March 7th 2015, 01:36 PM

Hey,

I've worked at my current job for almost 4 years. I've always been an anxious person and find it difficult sometimes juggle my work load on busy days. I work in an office, so as well as answering phones and booking appointments etc. we also have our own work load to work around the phone calls. Usually I am okay. But recently I have been getting a lot of work from my managers and from someone who works with us, booking extra appointments, looking at old records and digging out archived paper work.
I honestly don't mind helping people, and I'm happy to do it usually. Anyway long story short, I am overwhelmed.
My line manager was looking for something the other day and realised some paper work wasn't scanned in by me and some of my colleagues, it's a minor thing really, but because some of our systems have been changed it affects his work more than anyone else, so that's why he gets so angry about it. Anyways, I was about to leave the office last night and he noticed he started going on about it was unacceptable blah blah blah, don't get me wrong he's right, we've all had a conversation about it before and I know it's wrong I forgot to do it, but I am so overwhelmed right now that to be honest that is just a small dip in the ocean compared to things that I'm not managing to get done due to assisting other people. On Tuesday I have my appraisal and I know that this is going to be brought up. I am trying my damnedest right now, but I am going through a lot of stress outside of work, trying to do too much at work.

I just feel like if I continue trying to do so much and also working myself up I am going to end up having a mental break down or something, I just feel like I am going to snap anytime soon. I am so stressed and so unhappy right now.

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words