View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15

Safely Disposing of Self Harm Tools - March 12th 2015, 07:13 PM

Hey guys! I've decided that I'm going to get rid of the blades that I have used in the past to self harm. My top priority in all of this is safety - I wouldn't want another person or an animal to get hurt because I disposed of something improperly.

I've been doing some research on how to get rid of them safely, and it looks like I might be able to purchase a home sharps container to put them in. Then, I could dispose of them at my local waste collection facility (for free… ). It wouldn't exactly be ceremonial, but as far as I can tell, it would be the safest way. Do you guys have any other ideas as to how to do this safely? Any idea of what to put them in, in case the sharps container wouldn't work?

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM