View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Genderfluid/Trans? - March 20th 2015, 09:25 PM

I know a lot of people who consider themselves gender fluid because that is the language that they choose to use. If you don't consider yourself trans, but do consider yourself gender fluid, I would use that language because it is what you are comfortable with, even if it is basically equal to being trans. I was actually talking to someone lately who gave me a very insightful perspective, which is that you can basically use the language that you want for yourself, so she calls herself gay AND bi even though she's only bi, but she would never call someone else gay if they said they were bi because that is not the language they choose to use for themselves. I know many people who say they are gender neutral or gender fluid because it is how they identify, they don't identify as trans.
For example, for myself if someone is trans, I would understand that to mean that their gender is NOT the one they were assigned at birth (e.g. if they were born a female, they identify as male OR they are someone who has transitioned to the one gender they identify with) whereas I understand gender fluid/neutral to mean both genders or something in the middle (e.g. neither male nor female).
I don't know if this helps or not. You can PM me if you need to talk.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions