View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AdvicePrincess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,348, Level: 10 Points: 5,348, Level: 10 Points: 5,348, Level: 10

Re: Out of college and still cant figure things out - March 24th 2015, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovisedStarlight View Post
As somebody who is also 22 and graduated college, I can tell you that there's like...a ton of people in the same boat. When you said math and makes a lot of money...you're looking right in the alleys of engineering, technology, and business. The math/science fields are where a lot of the jobs are (especially technology). Honestly it's probably best to start low on the totem pole on a field that interests you than in the middle on whatever you majored in and then find out that it doesn't reap what it sows.
I completely agree with the above. It's okay to not know what you want to do. I've got a cousin who is in her thirties, has a Masters, and has no idea how she wants to use it to her full advantage. She's had several non-career and career orientated jobs but she's still not happy in what she's doing. It's okay to not know what you want to do. It can take a long time and even then you may change your mind. Try doing what you love most and sometimes you do have to start low on the totem pole in order to get what you really want. But if you want it enough you can get there.

~AdvicePrincess~