(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Thinking about law school - April 1st 2015, 05:21 PM

I wouldn't do law before having any kind of law experience first to decide if it's truly what you want to do. My father was pre-law all through college, did an internship at the legislature and hated it and became a Spanish teacher. It's not for everybody.

I've seen you've posted about a few different degrees ideas due to this awful situation. Do you have time to decide on your next degree? I wouldn't just pick something at random, so if you have a year, I think that'd be a lot more time to really figure out what you want to do with your life. Master's degrees don't always guarantee better job outcomes, especially in the social sciences. Many master's do not actually increase pay significantly unless you decide to pursue your doctorate and teach. Counseling, for example, is a master's needed career yet frequently pays under $40,000, and many other social sciences are like this. I'd really think before you make an investment like this in a career you do not know much about or are just settling on because you want the degree. Here is a source on "Best Master's Degrees" for this day in age. Don't let money be a determining factor; at the same time, if you're settling on a degree because of this terrible situation, don't pick something at random.

something burning?