View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Sadriaen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Seth

Points: 5,143, Level: 10 Points: 5,143, Level: 10 Points: 5,143, Level: 10

Re: Help with depression and anxiety?💀 - April 12th 2015, 07:25 AM

Hello there.

It sounds as if you are having quite a few issues. I understand the aspect of having issues with your parents. I won't get into detail but I have had similar issues with both my parents. You are very lucky to be able to get along with your brother though, as getting along with siblings often is difficult or just doesn't happen.

As for anxiety, and depression, those can for sure be tough. I have both myself and they have basically taken over my entire life. They creep up on you so quickly and suddenly there they are. The thing about anxiety is that fear and worry and stress from the anxiety, also feed the anxiety. So the more anxious and worried about the anxiety you are, the more anxiety you have. That's the reason it is so hard to break free from. Depression is also a similar cycle sometimes. Both are very difficult things to overcome, but I promise you it does get better, even when it seems like it won't.

I also imagine your parents don't realise how switching rooms has impacted you. Maybe you could try to talk to them about it? You mention your father being more calm and collected than your mother; maybe you could try bringing it up with him. It sounds as if this is just another thing on your plate causing more stress. I can relate to this as well, as I have wanted to have my bedroom in the basement of our house, and my parents have taken forever in letting me move. I haven't yet and at this point have given up on it, but it's a big thing for me because as you say, it's private and you can be away from your family more, depending on the location of your room.

I also understand the obsessive, perfectionist, worrier, emotional, unstable, etc., feelings. I am that way too. Difficult things to feel, but I think eventually things will and can sort themselves out.

If you need to talk, feel free to post a message on my profile or private message me. I'm here for you if you need somebody to listen, or to vent to. I hope my message has made you feel less alone.