View Single Post
  (#8037 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - April 14th 2015, 05:50 AM

The hypocrisy in your program and the field is so bad it makes me sick and the few really strong hypocrites ruin it for the good ones and the ones they forced out. Just because you have authority doesn't mean you can abuse it. Holding to your ethical gatekeeping obligation is one thing, asking if a student is "even capable of carrying on a normal conversation" while bragging about your 9 years of supervision experience is something else. Directing a student to a different profession while respecting the amount of investment they've made for nothing is one thing, manipulating them into saying things then using it to force them out and then turning your back on them instead of respecting them enough to face them and advise them after treating them unprofessionally for almost 3 years, while documenting THEIR unprofessional behavior (which may or may not have existed) is so wrong I don't even have words for it.

Professionals in your field have more years of training in tact than I have years of life. If you're going to brag about your training, experience, and expertise to remind me of my place below you, I expect you to USE it while interacting with me and others. And before you document OUR unprofessional behavior keep in mind that you are acting as role models for us and that you may be provoking out of character behavior. Before you demand that we take responsibility, you might want to take some for yourself.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; April 14th 2015 at 10:02 PM.