Thread: Triggering (ED): Do I have an eating disorder?
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Do I have an eating disorder? - May 7th 2015, 12:36 AM

Hey Jordan,

The fact that you are purging on a regular basis or restricting if you can't purge is concerning. I know you know I can't diagnose you and I wouldn't try but I would definitely say you are participating in behaviors that are disordered and if they keep up they could only get worse.

I struggled with food issues all my life but I am considered obese so no one ever took it seriously. People still don't take it seriously sometimes. But, I've been diagnosed as EDNOS and my current therapist knows about my struggles and we'll talk about it from time to time. Weight does not factor in to whether or not you 'can' have an ED and I wish more people knew that. There is the stereotypical idea of what an Eating disorder should look like but there are a number of people who don't fit that stereotype.

I honestly feel that it is in your best interest to tell your therapist about what you are doing. Tell her you are concerned that this is becoming a problem and see what she has to say. Eating Disorders are hell to deal with when you have support and they are even harder to deal with (in my opinion) when you are trying to do it on your own. Don't do it alone. Let your therapist and any other people in your life know about your struggles. Hopefully you will receive the support you deserve.

I hope that this helped in some way and if you need anything feel free to message me.