View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13

Re: Depression over unpunished crimes - May 8th 2015, 01:05 AM

Hey,

While it sounds like you did some bad things, it seems like you've really realized what you did wrong and are making an effort to be a better and kinder person. I think there's something to be said for your good intentions, even if sometimes it doesn't work out the way you want it to or expect it to. I think having good intentions matters. Maybe you just need some practice with talking to people. People also might not like you because of how they remember you being in past years, and they don't see that you changed.

I don't think there's a need to turn yourself in to the police. Since you're thirteen, they wouldn't put you in jail anyway. Also, since most of the things you did were when you were twelve and younger, it doesn't make you a criminal, it means you were a kid who made a lot of mistakes. Sure, they may have been worse than what most kids do, but still, you're barely a teenager. What you did in the past couple of years doesn't define you, and it doesn't mean you're going to keep doing those things as you get older.

You're probably going to high school in a year or two (judging by your age), and once you're at a new school people won't know who you were in middle school. This will probably help you make friends who won't judge you based on who you used to be. For now, you could try joining some new clubs or teams around your community. This would give you something to do and help you meet new people. Having a new group of people to hang out with is like having a little chance at a new start, and I think it could really help you.

I don't think there's a need for you to turn yourself over to the police, especially since you really are trying to be a better person. Good luck! Shoot me a message if you ever need anything or want to chat

~Estelle

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.