View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Question Some questions about College/Uni - May 8th 2015, 12:40 PM

Hi there
So I'm finishing my first year of High-School right now, I live in France, but the High School I'm attending is an international high school, so my history-geography classes are taught in English, and I get four extra hours of English Literature classes every week.
I really, really want to study in Scotland (specifically Glasgow), my "mother land", and both my parents are scottish-english, so I guess that will make the application process easier and whatnot.
I've been doing some research (I know I've got two more years in High School, but still. I'm just so excited, and this is what motivates me in my school work), and I have found a couple of courses in The University Of Glasgow which interest me, I've checked out the website, etc...
However, I still don't understand how university functions... do you pick a course (let's say Comparative Literature), and then pick a few classes to attend in that category, or are there fixed classes that you have to attend and you don't get a choice?

I would really appreciate it if some of you would share some of your College/University tips and anectdotes with me (even if it isn't factual, I just want to get an idea of the things I might go through), either PM or just comment below, and just explain to me how it works, if you get to kind of make up your own timetable or if it's already given, what to expect... that kind of thing. Oh another thing that has always confused me: What is the difference between College and University?

Thanks a lot, anything will be appreciated!

Skye

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."