Thread: School Rules
View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: School Rules - May 9th 2015, 05:28 PM

Can I just point out the extreme problem with this; it is SEXIST! There is no reason that girls cannot wear tight clothes and short skits because all it is teaching them is that they (the woman) are responsible for the boys inappropriate behaviour, as if a male cannot control himself. It's ridiculous. I'm not saying that all women should walk around with their boobs falling out of their tops buuuut it's also not a big deal to wear leggings, other tight pants, and short skirts - cleavage never hurt anyone either. Check out Laci Green's video (link attached here) because this is a serious problem.

You should be allowed to wear what ever makes you comfortable. Obviously dress codes matter - I would never show up to a professional situation or a wedding wearing jeans or sparkles - there is a time or place for everything, (eg. maybe you shouldn't wear a tiny, skin tight sequined party dress to school BUT leggings and a mini-skirt and other casual day wear shouldn't be off limits).

Any how, as much as this angers me, it might be best to at least "try" to conform as much as possible - however, I would suggest that it is totally ok to protest these rules.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.