Thread: Triggering (ED): Do I have an eating disorder?
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Do I have an eating disorder? - May 18th 2015, 09:18 PM

Hi there,

We can't tell you whether you have and Eating Disorder because we're not trained medically to diagnose you as Im sure you know.

However, it does sound like you do have issues surrounding your eating. I know it's really hard but these people want to help you, I am sure, and they can't do so unless you are telling them the whole truth. Just like we couldn't help you if you didn't tell us the whole truth. You know? I know it can be hard to tell the truth to people but it can also be very worth it and can be very beneficial and I think and hope you will find it helpful.

Purging is very dangerous for your health. I am sure you already know this but I'm going to say it again anyway and it means you need to be careful. I'm diagnosed with EDNOS and Bulimia and I'm now on medication because of the affects of purging. Its dangerous. It can get bad and it can affect your health in the future and so can restricting your diet for that matter.

What is it about food that scares you? That puts you into that panic mood where you feel so anxious you are on borderline of having a panic attack? DO you know? Is it calories, fat or just the pure fact that its food. Is it about weight or control? What is it that's causing these problems about food and your eating?

When you get the anxiety about eating, try deep breathing through your nose and out through your mouth. Just deep breaths in and out. Okay?

We're here for you so don't be alone. And keep yourself safe and well. You deserve all things good.
Jessie.

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018