Thread: Online dating
View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Online dating - June 14th 2015, 09:49 PM

Hey, so I know that I already responded but I'd just like to add that I think it is a great idea to try online dating, plus if you are sort of unsure and you want to list only the same gender (or both) but ultimately decide you are only interested in one or the other, you can change the settings.

I've also noticed that a few people met people on Twitter or Facebook, which is honestly a great idea too. I'd try to stick local though, like friends of friends or something and explain why you're contacting them. I hate it when I get random adds from people on social media and I'm like "who is this and what do they want?" You don't need to state you want to date them, but it's good to preface the conversation with "hey, I am so and so, we went to the same school and we have X and/or Y in common so I just wanted to connect" or something like that. The only problem with social media is that people tend to use it for other things, like connecting with family, friends, following around celebrities on Twitter, etc. and they might not be open to dating from there unless it is a coincidence (e.g. having the luck of connection in a special way). Dating websites will attract creeps but there will be a lot of great people too - personally, I got a lot messages from icky guys who just wanted to hook up, it was really awkward and I might have abandoned the attempt if i hadn't met my boyfriend and before that I was reassured by the nice guys on the site. At least on dating sites, everyone is there for the same general purpose. Both are great though

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions