View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
t81487 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,880, Level: 10 Points: 4,880, Level: 10 Points: 4,880, Level: 10

Called cute by girl in school. Wondering if this should be a confidence booster. - June 16th 2015, 04:14 AM

I'm a 16 yr old sophomore in high school. I have a really bipolar self-image. Sometimes I think I am extremely good looking, and other times... not so much (mostly when I see myself in weird angles in pictures). I've never had a girlfriend. I'm pretty sheltered (not really from my parents but from myself. I'm not antisocial, but I'd rather stay at home and be on the computer), so I'm not entirely familiar with teenage girl psychology.

So anyway, in class, I had to do a group presentation. I was with my best friend (a guy) and a girl, Katie (pretty attractive). During the presentation, I was cracking some jokes and making people laugh (how I survive boring, tedious things about school). When we sat back down at our desks, I heard two other girls (Jess and Lela, more attractive that Katie) talking go Katie. They weren't talking loud, but they weren't whispering either. When I started listening, it was already in the middle of the convo, but I think I caught on to what they were saying. I'll attempt to transcribe...:

Jess: You totally should. You're both smart, you're both white as hell (I'm a very pale young man lol)

Lela: I mean it's not like "oh my god, he's hot!", but he's a cutie... a cutie with a booty (I don't know what makes guy butts attractive).

So I assume they were talking about me, given the context of what was going on in class, and I assume they were convincing Katie to... go out with me, I guess?

Another time, the teacher in class called my name to answer a question. I wasn't paying attention, so I paused for three seconds, sighed, yawned, and said, "what?". I didn't think it was that funny, but everyone laughed, and then Lela said out loud, "he's cute isn't he?".

So I'm questioning to myself whether this should be a confidence booster or if it's not a big deal at all.

TL;DR called cute by an attractive girl. Is it good that she said that, and if so, how good?