Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Video Game Addiction - July 6th 2015, 08:01 AM

Hey Michael,

Addictions are definitely tricky to deal with! You've already taken a few important steps to beating it, though! You've recognized the problem, identified negative impacts the addiction has had on your life, and identified some potential reasons for your addiction to video games. The next step is to find a distraction or substitute activity for video games. The reason for this is simple. You can't remove something you are addicted to from your life without inputting something to replace it.

As Kate said, you can choose to partake in another activity that speaks to your competitive nature and allows you to constantly improve at something in the same way that video games do. If you're not interested in finding something so similar to video games, you can also try picking up a hobby with a calming effect to counter whatever feelings might inspire you to play video games. During this time period, it's also important to maintain some social interaction. I know you're an introvert, but spending time with people, even for a bit, will help you on track with your goal.

Best of luck, Michael! I'm always around if you need to talk.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie