Thread: Triggering (ED): Is this an eating disorder?
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Is this an eating disorder? - July 7th 2015, 01:30 PM

Like the others said, we can't diagnose you, but it doesn't sound like what you're currently doing is very healthy. The body is a complex thing too and it has a tendency to cling onto any excess weight when starving cause it's like "yo, I need this stuff".

I'm sorry you got beat up. Have you seen a doctor about that aspect of your health? Or a dentist?

Finally, don't waste your money on any of this weird shake thingies or pills that people try to tell you will help lose weight. They're really expensive and never work that great. Look, I used to be really overweight and I had to fight to A) break habits that caused me to gain weight and B) change my lifestyle that would facilitate long term weight loss and healthy living. What you have to realize is that it's the long term that'll pay off now. I know it sucks when your feeling so awful about how you look, but if you take extreme measures to lose weight (e.g. nasty, expensive shakes, meals that are to small, etc.) then you're not going to be as successful longterm, most people gain weight back like that. If you do things like develop healthy habits (balanced meals, exercise) it'll be more likely to stick and it'll be more likely to address any unhealthy thinking you have about dieting and body image. I actually saw a nutritionist and that was really helpful to have someone help me addressing unhealthy things that I did, including my overall mentality.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions