View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I've been here a while

Points: 35,479, Level: 27 Points: 35,479, Level: 27 Points: 35,479, Level: 27

Re: Girlfriend cuts - July 7th 2015, 02:30 PM

Hey there,

First off, welcome to TeenHelp. I am glad you decided to join the site and reach out for help. I want you to know that I think you are an amazing person to be standing by her through this and wanting to help her out. I suggest you ask her to take a look at the alternatives thread that Sparrow has linked above. It might help her to find safer and healthier ways to cope with what she is going through.

She might need someone to support her through recovery since it is not the easiest journey. I'd suggest you be there for her and keep encouraging her to do things that might help her beat self harm. Every time she beats the urges, appreciate it and encourage her to continue doing it.

You could ask her to write down about her feelings or talk about it, to you. Talking about negative emotions that lead to self harm urges actually helps. Distracting her mind from self harm thoughts could also help deal with the urges better. You both could start spending more time together and do things that she enjoys doing, so that she feels happy. You could join a hobby, take a walk or read a book together. Anything that keeps her mind occupied and makes her happy, could help.

Keep filling her with positive thoughts and thoughts of hope. But if you feel that she is in immediate danger, I'd suggest you notify somebody else who can take care of her immediately. I am glad you are being so supportive and that she has you to turn too. I hope things work out for the two of you.