View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

My boyfriend and I - July 9th 2015, 02:52 AM

I'm on my phone so if there are mistakes forgive me.

My relationship is difficult right now. My boyfriend is pressed for time. He's gone from his house M-Th 530am to about 530pm. Fridays he goes to his parents and has to wake up just ad early and gets home at random times. He's exhausted all the time and stressed out constantly. Its impacting us or me. It's kind of embarassing to say but he never wants to have sex and that bothers me. We haven't had sex in about two months and it bothers me. I've never wanted to have sex with someone like I do him. I've been attracted to people and thought about sex but I was never able to initiate anything. I want sex with him but it's not happening. I feel so shallow for being upset about this but it feels like all the romance and desire has gone from our relationship. I feel like he doesn't want to be with me in that way. He tells me all the time that isn't the case but its hard to get him to do much of anything. I've talked to him about my desire to have sex. Told him about my desire to be more physical in general. He's tried working on it. He initiated contact more the last time we hung out and it was nice.

I've stopped initiating sex because I got turned down a few times and that's never fun. It's kind of discouraging. I asked him to tell me when he wants to have sex but since that conversation there has been absolutely nothing.

I know sex isn't the most important thing but I do desire it. I love his companionship and when we are together I feel pretty happy.

He keeps saying when he isn't stressed with school or his meds kick in it will get better. I want to believe that but it's hard because he never wants to do anything. It's a big changes from when we first started dating so I really do think that it's stress. But, life is always gonna be stressful.

I don't really know how to work through it. I'm willing to but its hard when it feels like someone doesn't desire you anymore. I talk to him about it and get told to give it time. He'll be done with school soon. But, sometimes I feel lonely. I don't know how to explain it. This relationship is worth fighting for. He's a great guy and I could see us having, potentially, a future. I just don't want this to be a constant issue.

I never really thought lack of sex would be an issue for me. I've gone without it for years. I don't need it but I want it but that want isn't being met.

Sometimes I feel unhappy with the way things are but I'm hopeful it will get better. There really is no way to solve this. I just have to give it time and hope for the best.

I don't know what else to say to my boyfriend. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by mentioning sex and other things. He's trying and I'm thankful for that but I feel undesired or wanted right now. And, I'm worried this will always be an issue. I want us to have a healthy sex life but I have no idea how to get there.

And, this is the most embarassing post I've ever made. I don't really think there is any advice anyone can give but I needed to get this out somewhere. Don't feel too good about talking to my friends about this. I don't think they'd give the best advice.