View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 17,431, Level: 19 Points: 17,431, Level: 19 Points: 17,431, Level: 19

Re: My boyfriend and I - July 12th 2015, 04:36 AM

Hey there,

Sorry this reply is a few days late, I just saw this thread and didn't want to let it go unanswered! Not sure if my advice will be any good, but I thought i'd give it a go anyways.

First off, there's no need to be embarrassed about this post! It's completely normal to want a healthy sex life and to be concerned when things have suddenly changed. Second, I don't think you're shallow for wanting sex. For most people, a healthy sex life with a partner is a very important component when it comes to a relationship. I think it's great that you feel confident and comfortable enough in your relationship to bring up your concerns about the lack of physical contact/sex. Communication is really important when it comes to working through any sort of issue. And I completely understand your point of view on this situation right now.

This is tough to deal with. I know you're already showing patience with him and trying to be understanding to his situation. I'm sure he appreciates that. Constant high levels of stress really is a mood killer. And unless he finds a healthy way to maybe channel that stress, things may not change much. My advice would be to talk to him about trying to find ways to deal with the stress he's feeling and to let him know you're there to support him and be there for him when he needs you. In terms of him being exhausted, maybe suggest that he start focusing on creating a new sleep routine if he doesn't already have one. I would say try to focus on helping him come up with a plan to help fix the main reasons why he may not be physically or mentally able to engage in physical activities right now.

Another bit of advice would be to try and re-frame this situation. Because it's not that he doesn't desire you. This current lack of a sex drive is about him. Try not to worry about this too much, and again, be open with him and talk to him about your worries if it does get to be too much. I'm sure he'll be able to reassure you that this has nothing to do with a lack of attraction for you.

Sounds like you're really committed to your relationship and that you're happy being with him. It's great that you're trying really hard to be empathetic to how he's feeling right now. Like you said, even though it's frustrating, time and communication are your best bets right now. Hopefully his situation will get better (either his busy schedule changes or he finds healthy ways to cope with his stress) and that he gets to the point where he's able to meet your needs relationship wise and physically.

Hope this helped a bit. Take care! :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.