View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Is it easier to just not date in High School? - July 20th 2015, 03:57 PM

I have mixed feelings about dating in high school... Considering how often it fucks up, I'm inclined to say no, it's not worth it cause either you're spending 4 years being upset cause you can't get anyone or spending 4 years recovering from heart break... But on the other hand, I do feel like we need to learn from our mistakes and experiences, so whether it's going well or not doesn't mean you should just stop.. You'd never get to learn just by sitting idly by and not thinking about dating. Sometimes I think it even works out, two of my friends recently got married and they've been together since grade 10, two other friends are still together and they've been together since grade 9 but they're major outliers, it's super weird that they're still together. You can chalk up all the drama and heart break and say it sucks. But it can also be lonely to not have a significant other at all ever. I guess there are two sides to th card.

Personally, I opted not to date in university. I broke up with my high school boyfriend after my first year. He was abusive. He caused me a lot of heartbreak and agony. It was good we broke up and I preferred to be single. I thought it'd be better not to have someone. I thought I'd be happy finding a way to get a baby when I was done school (adoption maybe) and be single. After a while, I accepted that I'd had negative experiences. It's never a "good time" any more than it's ever a "bad time" to be with someone... It just is, your experiences and mentality will go a long way to swaying how you feel about relationships, good or bad. But when you meet someone who's kind and caring and thoughtful, it's nothing but perfect

You'll meet someone when the time is right. You usually find it when you least expect it. If you're feeling bummed out, maybe try focusing on school or sports or reading as outlets, build your confidence or build your resume, and eventually love will find you. Or you'll decide to get online dating like I did.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions