View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
BoostedEK9 Offline
Uber Leet Haxor
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,920, Level: 10 Points: 4,920, Level: 10 Points: 4,920, Level: 10

Unhappy I'm scared of going back to school cuz I know I'll do poorly - July 24th 2015, 06:07 AM

Ayy! This is my first post, so if I said something I shouldn't have or if I posted this in the wrong forum, lemme know. Thanks!
(And I'd also like to warn you in advance that this is a big ass wall of text, which is conveniently littered with profanity. Sorry, I'm angry)
Aight. So, I've got 31 days, approximately, before I begin 11th grade. Normally, I'm the type of person who actually WANTS to go back to school, because summer with my family (and my lack of friends) is just boring. But this year...I'm genuinely scared. Like, legit, I woke up this morning, opened my eyes, and said out loud "I'm fucked", and I started bawling.

Now, I've had a great track record over the course or my life. It's not like studying "triggers" me, and my current Cumulative GPA is sitting at a cushy 4.2 weighted. But shit, last year felt like a complete fucking trainwreck, nothing short of it. First semester I was doing a-okay, and suddenly once Christmas came and went, I nosedived. Last year my agenda consisted of English 3 Honors, Chemistry Honors, Pre-Calculus Honors, Business Software, HOPE, AP World History, and Spanish 4. For the most part, I was doing well, but my problematic areas were Chemistry and Pre-Calculus. 3rd term I got a C in both of those classes, and 4th term I got a D in calc. That was the first D I've gotten in my entire life, and I can't help but think I'm gonna have far larger problems next year.

In calc, I was one of three sophomores, the other two were band kids so you know they've devoted 24 hours out of their day to school and band. My teacher constantly told me that the class wasn't right for me, and said that I may as well retake Algebra 2. But that's straight bullshit, because, guess what? I got straight A's in Algebra 2 in 9th grade. And when I told my teacher that, she had the AUDACITY to fucking tell me that I probably cheated my way through the whole year, and that I probably cheated in her tests throughout first semester. I WAS THIS CLOSE TO GIVING HER A SCOTTISH KISS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN Really now, that was totally uncalled for and, looking back, I shoulda spat in her coffee or something. Fat fuck

Anyway, onto Chemistry. I'm also really good at science, but...ugh, I got distracted. I had a HUUUUGE crush on my classmate, and I was burning up with sexual tension. And since he's a pretty devout Christian, I couldn't/can't ask him out. Thanks religion, I really appreciate it. When we reached stoichiometry, I began to get super lazy and didn't bother with my work at all, and I just spent the whole period flirting with my crush.

School ended, grades came out, and my father (I don't think there are words to express how much of a HYPOCRITE he is) was angry. He threatened to take away my car keys, computer, phone- everything. Thankfully, I had my ace in the whole, my GPA, and when I showed him I was at a 4.0+ still, he just groaned and said "you're lucky I'm not your mom". My dad gets angry when discussing my future. My dad's brother and his sister both (gonna leave this part out because I understand site has rules in regards to triggers) themselves as a result of unemployment due to worthless degrees in their respective economic climates.

Soo...yeah. That's basically it. I've got 31 days to either get my shit together or don't, because either way I'm going back to school, and I'd really like to keep my car keys. What do I need to do to prepare myself, physically, emotionally, and mentally? Thanks guys!

That awkward moment when you don't know if you're actually gay or if it's just another sexual fantasy