Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): Problems with parents escalating quickly.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Points: 21,912, Level: 21 Points: 21,912, Level: 21 Points: 21,912, Level: 21

Re: Problems with parents escalating quickly. - August 9th 2015, 04:40 PM

This seems to be quite a difficult situation to navigate. Let me take one issue at a time. When it comes to football, if it's not something that you enjoy or are committed to on a personal level you should consider taking up what you're interested in whether your parents agree or not. This is because, let's face it, their temper is greatly dependent on your agreement with their ideals. And since they've been giving you a tough time with so many things already, would it make that much of a difference if you gave up football for something you love? I usually say it's a good idea to discus these things with parents though since they're not up for discussion then maybe it's time to take things into your hands. It is your life and you should be given the opportunity to do things that are rewarding for you.

Your mum not talking to you and the like is probably to maybe make you feel guilty so don't let it get to you. Personally, I don't think it's right the way your parents are treating you. Admittedly they may be going through stuff themselves but that is no excuse for them to be taking it out on you. You definitely do not deserve that.

If there have been other occasions that your father has hurt you that way, you should probably report it. I know it's not something any child wants to do to their parents. Still it endangers your life. If you think you could maybe speak to your school counselor as an alternative, it might help. They could refer you to someone who will be able to help. Please don't sit idly by and allow this to happen because you don't want any interference from outside. This can very easily get out of hand though and you need to watch for your safety as well as your siblings'.

Does any extended family member/relative know about what's happening at home? Will there be anyone you could probably talk to or trust enough to confide in? If so, they may be able to help out as well.

If you need to talk further, do message anytime. Take care and best of luck x

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011