View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: parents found out.... - August 9th 2015, 10:32 PM

Hey, Jamari!

The fact that your family cried for you and is concerned shows just how much they care and it also shows how caring you are in the fact that you did not want to hurt them this way. I'm glad your brother seems to be willing to change his ways. Be patient and don't be afraid to voice your feelings to him. It may take him awhile to change his behavior if he's been like this for so long. But I do hope he does change and begins treating you better.

Confessing must have been scary for you to do but that took a lot of courage. You should be very proud of yourself. I understand that you wanted to be the one to tell your parents, but it seems like you're relieved they know now. Since you feel as they may be sweeping it under the rug, do you think you could benefit from sitting down with them and having a deep conversation about your self-harm? Explain and express your feelings in a calm way and help them understand self-harm more and the reasons behind it. If they know and understand, hopefully they'll be more willing to make efforts in supporting and helping your through this, you know?

The thing about recovery is that relapses are a part of it. I would be sad if I found out you relapsed in a year or two, but a huge positive point would be that it's a year or two later. No matter how long you go or how small amount of time you go self-harm free, it all contributes to your recovery as you use healthy coping mechanisms in that amount of time along with resisting urges and dealing with emotions in healthier ways. You're already doing so well so just always try your best, okay? You can do this. Stay strong.

Message me anytime you need.