View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Is his Dad/Parents in the way of our relationship or no? - August 13th 2015, 03:56 AM

Hey there,

There should be no time frame in regards to when someone proposes. There are people who are engaged a few months after they meet and then there are people who wait a few years. If this is something that is really bothering you then I think that you should talk to your boyfriend about it. In reality he is the only one who can help you understand why you aren't engaged. If it is because of finances then maybe you two could discuss what you need to do to get to a better place financially so that he will feel comfortable marrying you.

As for his parents, I honestly don't think their feelings for you should impact him wanting to marry you. When I first started dating my boyfriend my dad asked me what I would do if he didn't like him and I told him it wouldn't impact it at all and I would continue dating him. I was honest and told him it would probably make things awkward but I liked my boyfriend enough to not care. I think the fact that your boyfriend told his dad he loved you and wants to stay with you is proof that he wants to be with you.

I hope that this helped in some way and if you need anything please feel free to message me.